Monday, November 16, 2009

Brisk walking and sweating....?

I walk briskly for an hour, a few times a week.


(about 3 miles, 7,000 steps)


Because I do this in an air conditioned place I do not really sweat a lot vs. if I had done it outdoors. I just break out in light sweat eg. in the armpit areas.





My friends think that if there is not enough sweating, the exercise is not as effective.They always rate how good a workout/aerobics class is by how much they sweat.





My rational is that, regardless of the amount of sweat, I am still getting a good workout for my heart and various muscle groups eg. my butt.





Am I right? Or do I really have to sweat buckets in order to have a good workout?

Brisk walking and sweating....?
you are definitely right........for the most part, it is better to sweat as much as possible when exercising because it gets rid of excess salts and toxins, but if you dont sweat that much its not making it less effective!, i would still try do it outdoors but indoors is just as good!





good luck and have fun exercising! (do my exercising while you there!)


No comments:

Post a Comment