Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sweating during dieting...?

I just started a new diet last week. Not really a diet as a change in my eating habit. I started eating almost nothing but fruits, vegetables and vitamins. I am a stay at home mother and just the past 3 days I have started sweating alot. I haven't started my workout routine yet so was wondering whats up with all the sweating... Am I starting to burn some of that extra fat I have lying around now that I'm eating healthier?

Sweating during dieting...?
I own a health and nutrition business and have taught fitness.


First of all, I should tell you that I lost 37 pounds in 1997 and have kept most of it off. I am 55 years old.


I will take issue a bit with your diet plan of choice. There is a better way than the way you have chosen. For one thing, the lack of protein can put your body way out of whack and cause muscle weakness. You need to add protein in the form of either lean meat, chicken or fish, either baked or broiled, or, if you are a vegetarian, eating high protein combinations such as legumes with rice or corn. Also, your diet of choice right now is going to be pretty devoid of b12, even with the supplements you are taking, because you may not be getting the absorbtion you need.


Are you taking your supplements on an empty stomach or with the food? Taking supplements on an empty stomach can sometimes cause light headedness and sweating. Make sure you are taking your supplements with food. And find a good sub-lingual b12. Sub-lingual means "under the tongue" which will deliver this vitamin directly to your bloodstream.


You need to add essential fatty acids - essential amino acids - to this diet. You can do this through addition of evening primrose oil, flax seed oil and cod liver oil. These are available in tablet form from any health food store, and from many of the Kroger stores such as Fred Meyers.


You may also be having some hormonal issues. The essential fatty acids mentioned above in all likelihood will also help with that, also, as well as adding some soy to the mix (which also adds needed protein).


Adding the workout ASAP will be incredibly helpful for balancing this out, too.


One other thing: make sure you are adding some whole grains to this mix, for the sake of soluable fiber. Anything whole grain (NO white flour anything!) or with oat bran instead of wheat bran will be helpful, clear out your cholesterol, and fill you up without adding a lot of calories while being easy on your digestive system.
Reply:Sweating and burning calories have absolutely no correlation in any professional article I have ever seen. Sweating just means your body is hot. It is nothing but water and electrolytes.


Good start with the eating but you need to make sure to take in proteins and fats along with those carbs. Also, your body is not using the vitamins unless you are exercising and stressing your body.


You are off to a good start, the sweating is not an indication of health, maybe the opposite. Do some extra research.











The poster after me answered it better. I doubt you will get a better answer than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment