Saturday, April 24, 2010

How to stop sweating?

I hate it! I always sweat when I'm around people. I try to calm myself down by breathing deeply but that doesn't work either. I sweat when it's not even hot. I was in the waiting room to get a check up and overheard someone saying it was freezing! I sweat mostly in the facial area the forehead. I think it's part of anxiety? How can I stop sweating???

How to stop sweating?
It is called hypohidrosis. While you may feel you sweat in stressful situations, you may notice you sweat at times for no reason at all! It is actually very common. To be honest, I have it and have tried reducing my anxiety which didn't really help.





You can try all kinds of deodorants too, but they aren't made for the amount of sweat that someone with hypohidrosis has. You can also get surgical treatment, but it doesn't work for everyone and it is expensive.





Here is what WORKED for me. Go to a dermatologist that has botox. Make sure you call ahead and find one that has done this procedure before. The dermatologist can make injections under your arms to paralyze the sweat glands. It is a miracle. For 6 months, you will not even sweat a drop. Unfortunately, I have had to have it done several times. It isn't too painful because the doctor injects just under the top layer of skin with a very small needle. However, it can be about 25-30 injections. Trust me-- it is worth it if this is important enough to you. I use numbing cream before too. They use powder and iodine to make your sweat turn purple so they can see where you sweat the worst. You can have other areas done too. I was the first patient in my state to have it done about 6 years ago and now it is so common that the dermatologists have special kits for it.





Good luck, I hope this helps you!





I attached a website below that describes it. Your insurance may cover it as mine does.
Reply:I suffer from panic attacks sweating is a common symptom. beta blockers can help but are not the answer!!





Panic attacks are very common


They consist of a sudden onset of INTENSE APPREHENSION, fear or terror accompanied by PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS such as:





Difficulty breathing;


Dizziness;


Palpitations;


Chest pains;


Tingling sensations;


Shaking;


Sweating;


Visual problems;


Feelings of unreality;


Wobbly, shaky legs.





The thoughts that accompany these symptoms are often negative and scary e.g: "I'm going to loose control", "I'm going mad", "I'm having a heart attack".





These thoughts are misinterpretations of the physical symptoms. These thoughts increase the anxiety symptoms and an upwardly spiralling vicious circle of thoughts and physical symptoms is created.





When we experience this fear, physical and worrying thoughts our natural reaction is to escape. This avoidance brings temporary relief, but increases the likelihood of further apprehension, negative thoughts, bodily symptoms and the development of a phobic reaction.





That is the definition of a Panic Attack if this is you then the answer is yes and you should see a doctor asap.





Source(s):





Anxiety and Panic Attacks- Understanding it, Thinking about it, Dealing with it.


Provided by my psychologist.


No comments:

Post a Comment